Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 1128: Snowed In


A good number of my professors have related over the past few days that there were roughly only one or two times they can remember school getting canceled here at St. Norbert College, and I was already lucky enough to experience one of them. For those of you that don't live in Wisconsin, or have yet to enter the wonderful college world, I'll let you in on a little secret: college here almost never gets canceled. While other schools, elementary schools, will be canceled hours before the storm even hits, college students and professors tend to still make the trek across the winter wonderland we call home for months out of the year. So for school to actually be canceled, and campus closed, for the majority of the day is an absolute blessing.

It also means that there is suddenly a lack of things to do. College campuses are busy places, especially during the school year. The summer and J-Term, when I'm frequently on campus for work, leave the college quiet and peaceful, but with the bustle of students around during the semester, there's always something going on and somewhere to be. When we're all trapped up in our dorms, however, just as everyone in the area is trapped in their houses, there isn't much for any of us to do other than watch Netflix, do some work, or, if you're me, practice conducting.

Then again, there is one thing you could do! I've been working incredibly hard these past few weeks to get my life in order and not only catch up on my projects, but then get ahead, and make attempts to keep it in order from here on out. It's one of my goals for this semester: stay ahead and stay happy. Now, Everyday Disney is caught up, my homework is almost finished for the entire week, I'm practicing every day as much as I can, the music library is getting cleaner, my food is made for the week, and new videos start TODAY on my YouTube channel!

I figured that since it's been two months or so since my last video (aside from Star Wars), we could start simple in 2016 with a Disney Haul from my last trip! It's a bit long, despite the fact that there isn't that much in my basket of Disney treasures, but I think this makes it clear why I don't usually do haul videos. I'd have to either talk for over an hour or split it up into sections!


I have to say that it's good to be back making YouTube videos, and you can expect one every Tuesday from here on out, beginning with a new vlog from my January trip that will go up next week Tuesday! I don't think I realized how much I missed making these videos until I was editing this one yesterday, and now I have a whole list of ideas for future videos I'm playing around with in my head! Let's just say it's going to be an interesting year! 

Have a magical day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment