Monday, February 1, 2016

Day 1127: Not In Europe


It feels like this picture is the closest I'll ever actually get to Europe, what with half my friends off on European adventures this spring! In fact, the one country I'd love to visit more than any other, Ireland, seems to be the hotspot for SNC Study abroad, not that I can blame them all for wanting to go there! However, despite the fact that some are studying in one country, they often travel all over Europe, as they should, meaning that now I'm seeing pictures from Ireland, France, Spain, and Italy all almost daily. Talk about twisting the knife, right? 

As for me, I'm still here in Wisconsin, where we're expecting a huge snowstorm (classes even got canceled for me...amazing!) and living out the regular old college life. I did realize today that maybe I can't complain too much, because I've certainly spent a life traveling while others spent time like I am now: home rather than off on some epic adventure. Plus, my annual pass promises another trip to WDW in the near future, and while it may not be the real Europe, World Showcase certainly does an excellent job of taking you around the world. 

I will say that exciting things do happen here at home, and aside from keeping up on reading the any number of travel blogs I'm making an effort to follow this semester, I'm shoulder deep in plenty of projects to keep me busy! However, remember that you can check out my friend Jessica's travel blog detailing her semester in Italy HERE, which I read religiously and inspired this particular blog post. Gosh what I wouldn't give to be with Jessica right now! 

As I mentioned, I'd love to go to Ireland if I could visit somewhere in Europe, but where do you want to go? Let me know in the comments!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment