Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 1004: History Repeats Itself

First off, I'd like to say that I'm not at all used to seeing the Day number be over 1000. After all, I spent 900 days in triple digits and now everything will be changed forever! On the other hand, however, it's quite odd, because today I find myself in a position I apparently found myself in two years ago, to the day: stuck.

Every once and a while, when I can't quite come up with a solid topic for a blog post, I'll go back and look at old ones. Sometimes they'd featrued in a #ThrowbackThursday post, and other times I'll just find inspiration for another blog post entirely. Usually, when I do this, I'll start with the day that corresponds with the current date. So, today, I went back to October 1, 2013 to see what was aflutter back then!



Apparently nothing was aflutter though, because my blog post that day talks half about not knowing what else to say. For year 1, it was an incredibly short blog post, to be honest, and if you want to read it, you can do so HERE. A year ago I did a post on How I Blog, which is actually entirely different from the way Everyday Disney works now (I did some serious updates about 11 months ago), but might still be worth a read (find it HERE).

The important part about October 1, however, rings true no matter what year it is or now actually boring the day was, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I think you need to go brush up on your Disney history! That's right! October 1 marks the birthday of both Magic Kingdom and Epcot at Walt Disney World, and it's a day my Instagram is filled with celebrations from Disney fans across the world.

And you know what, it's on days like today that I'm really reminded about the Disney community. It really doens't matter where you come from, and it doesn't matter where you're going, because all of have one thing in common: Disney. For some that might mean Disneyland, and for me it definitely means Disney World, but regardless of what you call home, it's always going to be there waiting for us.

So happy birthday Walt Disney World! Here's to many more years of magic!



Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment