Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 948: English and Music

Like most college students, I'm continuously faced with the prospect of the future. I can't even begin to tell you how many questions I get about what I want to do with my life and/or, more frequently, what in the world I'm going to do with my double major of English and Music Performance. To be completely honest, I don't really know what my ultimate dream job is. It changes almost on a daily basis, but I do know that I want to work for Disney, and today I was reminded of one of the huge reasons why.

Again, like most Disney-Loving college students, the Disney College Program is definitely on the table for my future, although I won't be able to apply until I complete my undergrad schooling due to the number of credits I need to graduate on time (music gets complicated). That doesn't mean I haven't already done my fair share of research on the program, however. I know when I'll be applying, and while I don't know what individual portion of the program I want to work in yet, I do know that's a choice that I'll make when I get there. Today has been a sort of weird reflection day for me when it comes to the future, starting with this great FAQ on the College Program by Sarah, which you can watch HERE. As a person seriously going back and forth between the college program at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, this was a great sort of information overload for me, but what really stood out was when Sarah mentioned that at Disney, it doesn't matter what your major is because anything you want to do, you can do for Disney in some capacity.

For a student who gets the "and what are you going to do with that?" question ALL THE TIME, this made a huge impact on me, regardless of the fact that I already knew that Disney is made up of an extremely diverse population of careers. I knew from Day 1 that if I wanted to pursue music, I would be able to pursue it with Disney, and today, when Sarah mentioned it in her video, I really got the overwhelming feeling that, while moving to a different state and being completely on my own is absolutely terrifying, working for Disney is also a major right decision in my life.

And for a college student to actually feel confident in a move like that, especially a couple of years before it's actually going to happen, is a really big thing.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment