Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 941: Snig and Oopla

Because of a really slow internet speed at home, I spent a good portion of my time in my car, driving back to my college campus to use the faster internet and keep up to date on all the projects I'm working on. If you've ever been with me in the car, especially if I'm driving (which I usually am), you'll know that I love to have music on, or at least some sort of noise. What kind of music changes depending on who I'm with, but most of the time, when I'm by myself, I'll just throw on the radio and call it good.

Well this morning on my drive in to college, I happened to be listening to the radio and one of the morning shows when what comes on? The intro music from the Hyperspace Hoopla at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Star Wars Weekends. 

If you don't remember the show, it was a dance off sort of show featuring the characters of Star Wars that was canceled a couple of years ago, much to my own dismay. I loved watching Snig and Oopla and their Hyperspace Hoopla, and when the some came on this morning I figured it was just some other song that Disney used to start off their own version that was also now on the radio, but nope. The beginning of the song happened and then it went into the very real Star Wars theme that goes directly with the Hoopla. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out the video from Inside the Magic below: 



Yep, that's what came on the radio this morning and it led to me being very confused for quite some time. I did a bit of research and eventually found that the song is actually by Meco and is called Star Wars Galactic Funk. The simple fact that this exists and was on my radio here in Wisconsin this morning pretty much made my day. Listen to the whole song below: 


Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment