Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 870: Immortals

Because I'm absolutely a music major and definitely addicted to this song, I figured I would do a quick spotlight on one of my favorite songs at the moment: "Immotals" by Fall Out Boy. And you know what that means, time to listen while we chat!



I remember watching the trailer for Big Hero 6 and just loving the music, which is actually a completely different song ("Top of the World" by Greek Fire), but for some reason, "Immortals" has really stuck out to me over the past few weeks since seeing the film. 

And really, I think this is a theme we've seen with Disney over the past number of years. Whoever is behind choosing the music from pop culture to go into these films and trailers is doing a spot on job. I fall in love with just about every song they use, one of the huge reasons that I'm actually thrilled to see Paint the Night when I head to Disneyland in August. For those of you that don't know, the entire parade is based on the song Owl City recorded foe Wreck It Ralph, "When Can I See You Again." It happens to be one of my favorite songs, as Owl City is one of my favorite artists, so to have my worlds collide once again is pretty awesome. 

But until August, I'll be avoiding full recordings of Paint the Night and instead sit here and enjoy some more Fall Out Boy. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 24 due to computer issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment