Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 861: Faculty, Flapjacks, and Finals

Every semester our college puts on a campus wide event in our caf called Faculty, Flapjacks, and Finals. The idea is that between like 9 and 11 at night one night during Finals week all the students will come to the caf to have professors feed us flapjacks and other breakfast foods. Honestly, it's one of my favorite traditions on campus and sadly this semester I had to miss it. However, it did bring a new thought to my mind.

A few friends we have on campus have a pancake breakfast every Saturday I believe, one that we rarely go to because they do it so early in the morning and come on, we're college students. Don't expect us to get up at 6 in the morning. Or 8. Or ever. But then we realized that next year we could have pancake breakfast in our own room since we'll be moving into a Town House next year in comparison to the dorms we've lived in so far. I've actually be put in charge of bringing a Mickey Waffle Iron for us to use. There's just one problem.

This is what Mickey Waffles are supposed to look like:


This is what Mickey Waffles apparently look like now: 


WHERE ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PUT THE SYRUP?

I mean, ultimately I'll probably end up buying one of these newer ones because I'm not about to shell out a ton of money to get a classic one like the one we own, and Mom's not about to let me take the one at our house back to college with me. So I'll have to settle for this new version, but why is it this way? Why does the waffle need to look like that? Why do we not fix it? And I ask again...

WHERE ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PUT THE SYRUP!?!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 23 due to finals).

No comments:

Post a Comment