Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 860: Operation Mongoose

Technically, by the time I'm writing this, I've had plenty of time to cool myself off after the Season 4 finale of Once Upon A Time, and maybe you should be glad about that. Those who watched with me can attest to the fact that I was pretty much going insane. But that's what happens when YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER DIES AND THEN COMES BACK TO LIFE. I can't even imagine what it's like for those of you that have favorite chracters that die for good.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that someone decided it would be a good idea to sacrifice herself after telling someone else she loves him. What is this anyway? Star Wars? Han and Leia? Haha.

That's not what we're here to talk about though, despite the fact that I adored the reference to Chewbacca in the second hour of the finale. The fact that it made Hook Han Solo basically made my day, but that's still beside the point. What happens at the end of every half season of OUAT for sure around here? DisneyBound Round Up! I have to say, this half of the season was my most successful yet, and I'm absolutely proud of how they all worked out. So without further ado, let's go through this week by week:

Episode 4x12: Darkness On the Edge of Town: Cruella


I like to start off each season (or half season) with something a little over the top. The beginning of Season 4 brought Elsa, and once we found out that Cruella would be around I just HAD to do a Cruella Bound! And of course, the beautiful Victoria Smurfit favorited this outfit!



Episode 4x13: Unforgiven: Red

Number One character I miss from the show? Red of course! Since it was an off week with no specific character coming to the forefront, I figured I go back to Season One for a Red Riding Hood inspired DisneyBound!

Expidoe 4x14: Enter the Dragon: Aurora


While yes, it made a lot of sense to do a Maleficent DisneyBound for this week, I went off the beaten path and picked another character who has yet to grace my collectin: Aurora! And it worked out perfectly, and this happens to be one of my favorites, mostly due to the fact that I had the chance to do a quick self-photoshoot for it!


Expidoe 4x15: Pour Unfortunate Soul: Ursula


I'm not gonna lie, I do believe this was my favorite episode of the entire season. The acting was absolutely brilliant, and I mean from everyone, not just Colin! Of course, the excess of Hook may have had something to do with it, but I adored the twist on the story and had a great time DisneyBounding as OUAT's version of Ursula!


Episode 4x16: Best Laid Plans: Sneezy


Sneezy will always have a special place in my heart, as it's actually Gabe Khouth that gave me my very first OUAT Cast Interaction back in 2013! I've had this one in my back pocket for quite some time, so when I had an empty week and a cold to deal with, it seemed like the perfect chance. Of course, Gabe had to comment, and he also retweeted it!




Episode 4x17: Heart of Gold: Robin Hood in Oz


The return of Robin Hood brought a lot of us joy, so I threw together a quick Robin Hood in Oz DisneyBound to correspond with the episode! It turned out pretty well for me too though, as it led to a tweet from Sean himself!



Episode 4x18: Sympathy for the De Vil: Archie


Because I already did Cruella, I figured I would do an outfit inspired by Pongo's owner, Archie! He's actually been one of my favorite characters since Season One, so it was exciting to get to DisneyBound as him and get a tweet from Raphael himself!



Episode 4x19: Lily: Young Lily


This one was planned halfway through this half of the season (gosh that gets confusing) when I picked up this dress on a whim and Megan mentioned how much it reminded her of Lily. Of course, it wouldn't be a Lily DisneyBound without a mention from Nicole Munoz, who plays young Lily on the show!


Episode 4x20: Mother: Maleficent


Remember when I didn't DisneyBound as Maleficent earlier in the season because I was saving it for a different day? It's finally time for that one to come out and play! I can't even express how many people asked me throughout the season when I was going to do Maleficent, and it only took until the 20th episode of Season 4 to get there!



Episode 4x21 and 4x22: Operation Mongoose Parts 1 & 2


To finish off the season there was only one option: The Author! I've loved watching Patrick Fischler throughout the second half of Season 4, and I do hope he makes an appearance in the future! I think it's because I'm an English major, but I thought the character of the Author was absolutely brilliant, and the finale itself? Spectacular!


Overall, I've loved Season 4 and the Disneybounds I've had a chance to do. The attention I've gotten from Cast and Fans alike is absolutely astonishing to me. I don't think any of us had the thought that it would become what it has now, especially when I made the decision a year ago to continue the challenge into Season 4. As for Season 5? Hook will be here, I'll be here and the DisneyBounds will certainly continue forward!

Do you have a favorite of my DisneyBounds from the second half of Season 4? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on May 23 due to finals).

No comments:

Post a Comment