Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 837: Trying New Things

It's obvious already that this summer is going to be filled with new adventures for me. While in June I'm traveling back to Disney World, the trip will be different for me. New resort, no dining reservations, lots to do and for the first time since last July 2013, I'm not constantly thinking about a band trip video! Then comes Disneyland in August, and I've only been there once. However, I know what to expect this time and I'm thrilled that I'll have the chance to attend D23 AND meet some of my California friends and favorite Disney people! To add onto that, I've also got a band trip in there, which I'm going on not as a student or chaperone, but as videographer...a brand new position that I'm looking forward to exploring.

And so, while thinking about these trips, I realized that maybe I should use this as a chance to explore some new things. With my OUAT Disneybounds, I'm always experimenting with new styles, new makeup, and new trends that maybe I wouldn't have thought of before. It's been an incredible education experience and a great opportunity to modify my own style. And there's been a realization somewhere in there: a lot of times, in order to find the best way to do something, you have to continuously experiment. My wardrobe on my first summer trip to Disney in 2011 was drastically different from what I'll be wearing this June, and it's all come through experimentation and experience.

Of course, I'm not an expert on a lot of things, not by any means, other than maybe Epcot, as my common signature and social media handle suggests, but I do know a thing or two about traveling to Walt Disney World. However, that doesn't mean that an old dog can't learn new tricks, especially as I close in on my last couple of years of college and the realization that, once I graduation, I'll be doing a lot more traveling that I have so far in my life.

What's my point with all of this? Well, as you know well enough, I always have some sort of challenge that goes on during my Disney trips. I don't actually remember really having one in January, but I'm fairly certain that the sheer number of characters I met and things I accomplished counts. Regardless, I'm starting to compile a list for June, a list of new things I can try, whether it be a new challenge in the parks, a new video idea, a new packing concept or the simple fact that I'll be traveling with a different bag through the airport this trip, thanks to the fact that for the first time since 2008 I'll be traveling without my laptop.

Which means I'm looking to you guys, my readers and fellow Disney fans! I've got about a month and a half left before my trip, and while I won't be able to do absolutely anything, I'm looking for a few things. First off, what are some of your favorite attractions? I know mine, but that doesn't mean everyone loves Spaceship Earth on the same level as I do. Where are some of your favorite places to eat, especially counter service locations! Are there any video ideas out there you have or something you'd like to see in my vlogs (and new ones are coming, I really do promise I'm working on them)? Let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and opinions as I come up with a challenge for this trip! Traveling can be difficult, but I want to try out new ideas, just to mix up my routine, because who knows! There might be a better way to do things out there that I've yet to discover!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment