Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 836: On The Floor

If you didn't expect this to be my blog post for today after everything that's been going on at the Star Wars Celebration, then you're strangely mistaken. Oh no...to say I expected big things from this convention would be an understatement, and I'm not just saying that because I'm thrilled that Corey Vidal is part of the hosting crew! This goes much deeper, and it has everything to do with the new trailer for the film.

We still have several months (over half a year really) before Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens premieres in theaters, but that doesn't many any of us less excited. Then again, when I went into watching the new trailer, I also didn't expect to end up on the floor. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...you have to actually SEE the new trailer before I go on talking about it, so without further ado, I present you with the new teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens! 


To be honest, I was almost crying just at the Lucasfilm part at the beginning. Megan just laughed at me. Then I gasped at the Star Destroyer in the sand. Megan said "There's lots of sand." Then I was like "DARTH VADER WHAT" and then I was like "LUKE SKYWALKER OH MY GOSH" and on and on it went. I also felt pretty good about the part where it was like "You have that power too." Intense Luke Skywalker. Intense. Then people and droids and THE MILLENNIUM FALCON AND THEN...


To be completely honest, I'm not sure this is real life. Maybe I'm dead. Who knows. But that is Han Solo. Harrison Ford. The single greatest character in my book ever. If you've been around since 2013 you'll know that as much as I love Captain Hook, I REALLY love Han Solo. Here's a quick graphic to help you understand: 


I know, such a great graphic, right? But let's point out here that the amount I care about Han Solo is indeed above the amount I care about Captain Hook...despite the fact that for some reason Captain Hook ended up just a little bit bigger than Han Solo. You get the point though...I really love Han Solo. 

So you know, even though it's been 30 years ad stuff, I'm just as excited about Han Solo being on the screen as ever. And the fact that he says "Chewie, we're home." Gosh, I actually just dropped to the floor fangirling and couldn't get up. Not exactly what I expected my day to go like today but hey, I'll take it...and watch the trailer a million times over before December. I live a riveting life. 

What did you think of the trailer!?! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment