Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 807: Break? What Break?

Spring break has always been this sort of really important week for me. For some reason, I'm always able to go ahead and get a lot of stuff done in a week of what most people use as time off. Of course, last year I took half my break and went to Disney, but we'll talk more about that in another blog post. This year, however, I returned to my old ways and created a Spring Break Mission Log, which basically is a motivational system I've created for Spring Break that helps me get things done. It worked really well a number of years ago and I've just kept the tradition. Plus, if this spring break has anything to show for it, the system still works because I've gotten my fair share of work done, right along with binge watching a considerable amount of television (I tend to multitask...)

So what exactly have I all accomplished so far this week? That's a good question, and here are a few of the highlights, both things that were originally on my list and things that just happened that were awesome:

Well...This Happened:


I guess it's not really every day you get a random tweet to tell you that you were featured on a list of favorite #CollegeProblems. While I am a college student who basically survives on crackers and biscoff, this was not something I was expecting. So...Reach the Big Leagues of College Problems? Mission Accomplished.

Watch the premiere of iZombie:

When it comes to creating a Spring Break Mission Log, you have to keep in mind that not everything can require a lot of work. You have to throw in some really fun, easy stuff as well, because those things are easy to accomplish, meaning you're more motivated to move onto the next thing. This was one of those easy to accomplish tasks. It just so happens that a new CW show, iZombie, stars a number of cast members who were also on Once Upon A Time, and since I love OUAT on an obnoxious level, I generally go around and watch as many of the other new projects as I can. Turns out I love the show...and one of their cast members is pretty great too:


I also have two favorites from him. Pretty good turnout for the first episode, am I right? 

Make new Door Decs:

You already know that I make door decs for our dorm room, partly because our dorm just isn't that into them and partly because I really want our door to be super awesome. Previously, we had the Frozen theme, and before that it was Elf and Monsters Inc. But I needed something more springy, but still Disney. Thankfully, it didn't take me long to figure out our newest theme: Alice in Wonderland! 






It took a while to get everything completed, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm especially fond of the way the wording on the window came together. What's next for the dorm decs? Well, they'll stay like this for a while, but I've hopefully got one last trick up my sleeve before the end of the year, which has just a subtle hint of Disney to go along with it. 

Other tasks I've completed? I filled out a few honors group applications, sorted music for my job, Disneybounded like no other, researched LinkedIn, Caught up Everyday Disney, Drank a TON of Starbucks, and checked off many other tasks on my to-do list. Then again, the week isn't over yet, and there's still items yet to be accomplished! Don't worry though...Spring Break isn't over yet. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on March 20).

No comments:

Post a Comment