Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 801: More Or Less

When you're stuck in the middle of midterms and then spend days trying to catch up on the rest of your life because you spent all your time studying for midterms, the amount of Disney in your life changes drastically day by day. Of course, you can see that easily from the blog posts, but let's be honest, the topics on Everyday Disney range all over the place, and some posts are certainly better than others. When I'm making up blog posts for days I've missed, it's sometimes a serious struggle to think back to what kinds of Disney were included in my life over the past week, or sometimes month and, if your including last year, the entire summer. I have my standards too. My favorite posts are often like one featured earlier this month: Day 792: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, which will probably end up on my list of favorites from the first half of the year, simply because it involves a major realization of how Disney has weaved it's way into my life deeper than I ever thought possible.

Granted, not every post can be like that, so often times I settle for other ones, such as a discussion on a movie that I watched recently (Day 793: Guardians of the Galaxy), or a post focusing on the March Disneybound Challenge (Day 794: Be The Character). Sometimes Disney is in my life in really obvious ways, (Day 799: In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room) and other times you wouldn't even catch the reference if you weren't in the loop (Day 800: A New Leather Jacket & A Little Yellow Bug). The truth is, some days have more Disney than others, although luckily, more often than not, I have a topic that goes along with every single day lately, some are just bigger than others.

But there's one thing that we must remember: this is just the Disney in my life. It doesn't mean it's the Disney in the lives of others. I know plenty of people lucky enough to visit the parks weekly, or daily even. I know cast members, I know Disney Vloggers, I know others who blog about Disney, although in a different way than I do, and the list can go on forever.

The point is this: More or Less, Disney is always there. Some days I'll sit down to think up a blog post topic and realize that there's nothing in my day that was particularly spectacular, so I'll go back and look at other parts of my life. Often times that means Instagram or Pinterest or Once Upon A Time, but there's always something there. After all, we wouldn't be on Day 801 if there weren't 801 things to talk about, and that's just scratching the surface.

So I have a question for any of you readers. Where do you find Disney in your everyday life? Do you find it in the pictures on your desk or on your phone background? Are you, like me, participating in the March Disneybound Challenge? Are you gearing up for your next Disney trip or are you avidly watching YouTube Disney Vlogs such as mine (new ones should be up within the week...I promise this time!)? Let me know in the comments or in a twitter message or an instagram picture (you can, obviously, find me pretty much everywhere @epcotexpert).

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on March 16 due to Midterms).

No comments:

Post a Comment