Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 800: A New Leather Jacket & A Little Yellow Bug

Welcome to Day 800! It's certainly been a long ride...hasn't it? After all, 800 days ago I certainly wasn't imaging I would be here, and that goes for more ways than one. First of all, I figured that I would probably end up stopping my blog at the end of the first year, if I made it there, and now I'm in year three. I couldn't have even predicted what this blog has become, and I'm still very excited to see where it goes from here, much less where it will end up compared to where it began.

Secondly, I certainly wouldn't have imagined myself spending a whole paycheck on a leather jacket. In fact, I'd probably laugh at the fact that, by the end of that first year, I would own not just one, but two leather jackets, and that by a little ways into year three that number would increase to five. Yes, that's right, I'm now the proud owner of FIVE leather jackets, all different styles and colors, of course. But there are two in particular I'm exceptionally proud of: my red leather and this new one I got the other day:


You see, this one is especially important because I've actually been searching for it since I started getting leather jackets in 2013. Back in Season Two, Emma wore this great grey leather jacket that looked somewhat like a leather cardigan, and I've been in love with it ever since. Of course, she wore the jacket (which you can see below) again this season when she went to ask Killian out on a date, and that reinstilled the search in my mind, although I've been pretty much searching for it for ages. Then, last weekend, while searching for a different Disneybound for OUAT, I went into a store on a whim, where I found the exact style leather jacket, in grey, in my size, and it was the only one left in the store. I learnt my lesson about buying things you REALLY love when you see them back in January in Florida with the hats from Raglan Road, so against my better judgement, I bought the jacket. Then again, I couldn't be happier with it, so I'm classifying it as a good purchase. Plus, I do believe that the below motto has become my life:


The new jacket, however, is not the only little bit of Once Upon A Time that has come into my life recently. I have some really great friends that surround me at college, and I'm incredibly thankful for each and every one of them, especially when they bring me really thoughtful presents for no reason other than they knew I would love it. This past week, my friend (and hopefully my future roommate!) Katie brought me a present, which turned out to be this little guy: 


Yep, that's right, she got me my very own little Yellow Bug. It sits proudly on my shelf at school now, and I actually rearranged the entire thing just to make sure I would find the perfect spot for it. I did, right next to my Hook's crew mug and now my shelf accurately displays a proper amount of CaptainSwan for my life. Of course, I wouldn't have expected two years ago that I would be trilled to get a toy car as a present either, so this just goes to show how unpredictable life is.

But these past 800 days have been good, bad, great, awful, surprising, thrilling and a 100% complete adventure, and with only 200 days left until the big 1000, I can't wait to see what other adventures I'll have. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on March 16 due to Midterms).

No comments:

Post a Comment