Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 760: A Lucky Mug

I'm sure that at this point, many of you have heard about the beautiful new Disney "You Are Here" Starbucks mugs. These things are beautiful, and as a mug collector, specifically a Disney mug collector who drinks unbelievable amounts of Starbucks, these mugs were must-haves for me. Unfortunately, the way these things work is that you can only get them by going and basically buying them yourself from the parks. This isn't a problem for me when it comes to the Disneyland mugs, as I'll be headed out there in August, but for the Epcot collector in me, I have no opportunity to get my hands on the Disney World mugs until who knows when.

So I bought one online.

You know, there are tons of websites out there that will buy something from the parks and ship it to your house and while, on some level, this really isn't fair, I've never been happier that these things exist. I bought an Epcot Starbucks mug on Monday (or maybe it was Tuesday?), of which I paid $30. Everyone pretty much thought I was crazy for spending that much on a simple mug, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one laughing now.

If you know the story with these mugs right now you'll also know that the same Epcot mug I ordered has been pulled from the shelves because of the purple monorail on it, which no longer exists due to an accident a few years back. But by the time they pulled the mugs, only about a week after they first went on shelves, mine was already in the mail.

And now it sits on my own shelf at college:


Although, now looking at this picture, this isn't on my shelf at all. But that's where it sits now. It's an absolutely beautiful mug, far more beautiful than any picture could have told me, and I'm absolutely thrilled that I have one to call my own, which will hopefully hold me over until August when I get the Disneyland and California Adventure ones! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 31 due to a busy schedule).


No comments:

Post a Comment