Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 757: Turkey in the Straw

Wow, two music-based blog posts in a row! Actually, that's not totally odd, especially since I'm a music major and have already spent a solid amount of time in the music building this semester (and it's only day 3!)

As you probably can figure out yourself, a new semester means new music for the members of the wind ensemble and other groups on campus, and since we have a concert in less than three weeks, it means that we definitely need to get down to business (but not to defeat the huns). For our first two concerts, which both occur on Valentine's weekend, we've got four brand new selections, all of which I'm very excited about. I'm not joking, I literally don't think I can pick a favorite, but there is one that's blog worthy!

We're playing an arrangement of Turkey in the Straw, which I am fairly certain you've all heard, especially if you're a Disney fan like I am. In fact, which I didn't really think about it when I put the music into the folders, I didn't really think much about it, but the second we started playing I was like wait a second!

Turkey in the Straw actually plays a key role in Disney history, as it's used in one of the most famous cartoons of all time: Steamboat Willie! If you skip ahead to about 4:20 in the video, you'll almost hit the nail on the head with when Turkey in the Straw begins!



It's gonna be a great two and a half weeks working on this song, I can tell already! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 28 due to a busy schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment