Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 749: Disney Haul

I think I come home with more stuff every Disney trip I take, much to the dismay of my parents. But I rather like to think of it as "thinking ahead," since a lot of the stuff I buy is actually for my dorm room or apartment in the future. Because of course I'll need potholders in the future when I have a kitchen and of course they'd be better if they looked like Mickey Mouse's gloves.

But that's not all I got, so I figured I would stop and take a moment to share some of my favorite items I picked up on this last trip:


As always, here's the picture of everything I got, which actually looks like a lot of stuff now that I put it all in one spot, but I think it's probably because of how large the things are, rather than how much stuff there really is. As you can see, I've got some new attraction posters, which you can get in a set of 12 for like $20 at the moment. They're not like super high quality posters, but I'm definitely excited to have them. 


Then we have this little guy. Megan and I admired the Disney Pillow Pets for pretty much the entire trip and at some point decided that one needed to come home with each of us. I settled, eventually, on Stitch, and I am in love with him. I do not, whatsoever, regret buying a pillow pet. And to make it a Disney one yet too! Ha! Match made in heaven! And of course, I'm very excited about my Monsters University hat, which I'm seriously considering wearing for our first day of classes. But we'll see. 


I collect mugs. You know that, I know that, and when someone posted a picture of a resort mug exactly like this a couple of weeks ago, I knew that there was a significant possibility of me coming home with one. So I found the Contemporary mug and bought it on the spot, much to the dismay of my father. Also here you can see the soap I got from Downtown Disney. CaptainSwan much?


While at the World of Disney store, Megan was looking at a couple of different smaller stuffed characters and I remember picking Oswald up, putting him down, and repeating that about three times before finally putting him in my basket. I love Oswald, and since my parents generally collected the different characters over the years, it felt right for him to join the gang. I'm especially excited to meet Oswald at Disneyland. Like you have no idea. 


And finally, no trip would be complete without a new addition to my Spaceship Earth collection. This is another of those things I saw on Instagram a few weeks back and wanted and figured I wouldn't be able to find it. We walked in the Christmas Store at Magic Kingdom on like day two, Mom saw it and it was decided. I picked it up later in the week and now it hangs on my wall next to the rest of the collection. No Spaceship Earth ornament of mine goes into a box for the majority of the year! 

As you can see in that first picture, there's plenty more that I came home with, and I'm sure there will be more in the future. Just wait until Disneyland. I'm pretty sure I'll buy half the store. Thankfully I'm already saving money for that trip (and the D23 Expo! Pins here I come)! It's always so difficult to choose what to get and what to leave because, lets be honest, we pretty much want to buy all of it, right? 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 24 due to a busy schedule).


No comments:

Post a Comment