Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 747: A Few More Favorites

Ahh yes, back in the land of the fast internet. Some people on campus say that our internet here at school is dead slow and I honestly wonder what kind of internet they usually have because this stuff is great. God forbid you wait a second for the page to load.

Try waiting ten minutes.

Regardless, that, along with the fact that the band trip video is officially wrapped up, means that I can come back and reorganize my blog before the new semester starts in just a day or two. So, since I have several blog posts to make up and there's still plenty of pictures from my trip, I figured I would share a few more of my favorites!


Jonny and I rarely both have a camera these days, as I've usually got my hands on the video camera filming for the vlogs (or partly, at this point, the band trip video), but when a shot in Animal Kingdom caught my eye, I stole my Dad's camera for a few minutes. We ended up having a camera war, but you know, that's normal with this family. 


Our first night of the trip was filled with lots of pictures, half because Dad and Jonny took forever while taking pictures of literally everything when we tried to slowly make our way our of World Showcase. The rest of us stopped for breaks every so often. The first time it was at a table near the Adventure Outpost, where we put our feet up and Jonny and Dad walked right by. The second time it was in China, where our sleeping on the benches obviously alerted them. 


And then we have this picture. I remember taking it and the four of us were standing there and I told Dad to take the picture and he commented on how it was a difficult picture to take because of the lighting, but it ended up turning out really well and now I think it's one of my favorite pictures. It's one of those things that kind of means a lot because this is the bridge next to Mexico, and it's where we literally ended the last trip in June. While it's not where we started this one, it was close, and going back to stand in those exact spots was kind of sentimental. 


I was sad that I couldn't get into V&A. My parents have been there twice (I think. Twice for sure), but I've never been there. Apparently I get to go when I graduate from College. Let's hope so. 


I'm not entirely sure why, but I just love this picture from our dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo. 


I've been incredibly fortunate when it comes to meeting people at Walt Disney World. You might know that I collect a series of prints by artist Larry Dotson, and I know I've been planning a "My Disney Collection" post just for them for quite some time (maybe one of these days I'll actually get around to it). My parents started the collection for my with a Spaceship Earth print many years ago (2004 actually), and after they got me a second one, it became tradition for me to find a new print each trip. Now I have more than I can fit on my bedroom wall! But I do believe what really jump-started the collection was meeting the artist himself at Epcot not long after I got those first ones. Then I met him a second time, on my 18th birthday of all times, and got a second print signed. Following that, while I didn't see him, he was there while I was at Disney in June 2014 for the band trip, and my parents got me yet another signed print. So when I happened to walk into the Art of Disney store at Magic Kingdom and I saw him sitting there I pretty much jumped out of my skin. It's always a pleasure to meet and talk to Mr. Dotson and I can't wait to see him again at the D23 Expo in August! 


But of course, all that excitement wore me out while waiting for the Electrical Parade. So I took another nap. 


Mom insisted that, since Magic Kingdom had been busy all day, that we stake out our spot for the parade early. I suggested that we wait and go do something else in the meantime, as Frontierland would be pretty dead as always for the second parade. We ended up waiting for around 45 minutes. I was right.


My friend Ashley has this fear of animals larger than her, and that definitely means horses. So getting her into the horse barn at Fort Wilderness seemed like it would be difficult. Thankfully it wasn't, and we met this lovely horse named Tyson. He was a real sweetheart and I know I, for sure, really wished that the "No Petting" Rule wasn't a thing. 


And finally, we've got this picture Mom took of the Osborne Lights just as they were turning on. We caught them on what may end up being their last night ever, or at least on their last night of the season, and just as the sun was setting she captured this beautiful shot! 

There's actually hundreds of great pictures from this trip, but I've got all year to share those, especially on my Instagram, which is still live with the 2015 #EverydayDisneyChallenge regardless of the fact that my blog, once again, is roughly a week behind.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 24 due to a busy schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment