Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 737: Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

It's been a few years since I last visited the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, but I still have a few memories of the last time I went. While there certainly were some jokes the last time that I didn't understand, I definitely did laugh a lot at the Davy Crockett section. I just remember dying of laughter during that. Plus, the last time we went, my Dad was picked on just a few times (and by a few times I mean pretty much the whole show).

But a while back, when we were planning this January trip and after my two friends had signed on, my Mom approached me with an idea. What if we, as a Christmas present, took them to see the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. In June, we went to see the Country Bears, and after Ashley's laughter during that show, I knew that the Hoop-Dee-Doo would just about kill her...so of course I said yes.

And I was pretty right. Every time I looked back at Ashley, she was doubled over, laughing. In fact, our whole table was, as it should be with the Hoop-Dee-Doo. And I'm not going to lie either, I was pretty sad when the whole thing ended, although we had bear jokes going for the rest of the night. It was pretty un-bear-able.



If you haven't seen the Hoop-Dee-Doo, I definitely recommend it. It's sort of pricey, but it's hilarious and there's absolutely delicious food as well (the straw...straw berry...straw berry short...straw berry short cake was delicious!). And you can't really beat the live entertainment that is the Hoop-Dee-Doo either. The Davy Crockett section was probably still my favorite, but it's hard to pick aside from that, simply because the whole thing was pretty great.

While I don't think I'll be back at the Hoop-Dee-Doo for a while (our dining is already filling up for the next WDW trip...and we don't even know when it is yet), I wish I could be, and I hope you check it out in the meantime!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 12 due to the Disney Trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment