Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 736: Dapper Day

A few months ago, my brother came to me with one of the oddest requests I've ever had from him. He asked me if we could do Dapper Day while in Florida, and honestly, I was almost confused as to where he got the idea. Then it dawned on me. Even further back, I had told him about a thing we did at college for part of last year, Fancy Friday, where you dressed up for all your classes on Friday. Being the Dapper kid my brother apparently is, he, along with several of his friends, adopted the tradition at our local High School, and he's been wearing bow ties on Fridays pretty much ever since.

So when he approached me about doing a Dapper Day, I was both surprised and not surprised, all somehow at the same time. For those that don't know, Dapper Day is a recent activity that's put on twice a year at both Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort, where basically you dress in your best clothes and head to the Disney park. It's sort of a play on the tradition in years past of wearing your Sunday best to the parks instead of shorts and a T-Shirt. You can find more information on the official Dapper Day website HERE.

For quite some time, I've been pretty sad about the fact that I'm never around when the actual Dapper Day occurs, although if I were able to go to Disney this March, I'd hit Dapper Day right on the dot. However, that's not happening, and the ones for the fall occur after I head to Disneyland as well. It leaves us in quite the pickle, but there aren't any rules that say we can't have our own Dapper Day!

So the four of us dressed in our best clothes (and a few of us Disneybounded as well), and headed to Magic Kingdom for a day filled with characters and adventure. Here's a few pictures from our conversation with Rapunzel, just so you can sort of see our outfits:



Dapper Day was pretty darn fun, I have to say, although we were glad to get our of our fancy clothing before a round of Mini Golf at Fantasia Gardens that night. I don't think I can even count the number of cast members that commented, and I know the characters loved our outfits as well (for me, Disneybounding as Elsa, I even got a comment from Elsa herself on how my dress reminded her of Snow). 

All in all, it was a great day, and I wouldn't be surprised if another Dapper Day was in our future! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 12 due to the Disney Trip!)


No comments:

Post a Comment