Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 734: Tower of Terror

Way back when I first started Everyday Disney, I did a post on fears I had. It was discussing something I'd learned in psychology class, and honestly, even to this day, I think that's one of my favorite posts. I think about it all the time. Regardless, recently I was certainly thinking quite a bit about it, as that post outlined the fact that while there are few attractions at Walt Disney World I'd never been on, the Tower of Terror was one that I hoped to keep on that list forever.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the line I decided to go against what I apparently didn't learn watching Once Upon A Time and make a deal that I would go on Tower of Terror in June on the band trip, as long as Megan and my Band Director, Mr. Alban, were both there. Much to my satisfaction, the attraction happened to break down just as I was about to go on it (we went and rode Star Tours instead, much to the dismay of Mr. Alban), and so once again I avoided the dreaded tower. However, apparently without my consent, a new deal was struck (you'd think I would learn with the whole Rumpelstiltskin thing), and since I couldn't go in June, I was forced onto the attraction twice on this trip.



Now, I didn't really mind the ride, and it doesn't make me sick, and I'm certainly not scared of it, but I didn't particularly enjoy it either. I'm not a huge fan of the whole weightless dropping thing (I used to hate Splash Mountain for that exact reason), and the speed at which you go up made me sort of dizzy, so I'm not especially eager to go on it again anytime soon.

But yes, I did finally go on Tower of Terror. It's funny because my friends have witnessed three attractions that I've never ridden before. In June we hit Kali River Rapids in the Animal Kingdom, and on this trip we went on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Tower of Terror, which leaves one singular attraction that I've never been on...Mission SPACE. However, I won't be going on that one due to motion sickness. I have a pretty intense case of it (I can only go on Star Tours or Expedition Everest twice in a row...at most, and sometimes not even that), so something tells me I wouldn't really enjoy Mission SPACE.

As for Tower of Terror, I suppose that now that I've been on it twice, I'll end up on it again. Sigh.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 11 due to the Disney Trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment