Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 679: Colors of Disney

Since I have one less class than any of my three roommates (or four if you include Katie!), and I'm only just training for my job here on campus, I take it upon myself to do things around the dorm room. Some days that means cleaning, and sometimes I do nothing more than update Melvin's adorable little outfit. Regardless, the past couple of days I've been hard at work deciding how to decorate the room for Christmas, and while you'll see that in a future blog post for sure, the important part for right now is that I was working with lots and lots of color.

Which got me thinking. As I picked out colors of paper for one of the projects, I'd come across a color that simply reminded me of something at Disney. Generally, it was a lot of Old Key West thinking, because the color palette at OKW is absolutely one of my favorites in the entire world. I wouldn't be surprised if my house is themed to the Gingerbread Architecture and soft pastel colors that make up the resort someday.

Either way, once I thought about color palettes, I figured maybe it would be fun to search out some Disney ones. The thing was, I couldn't find too many, so I decided to make a few of my own instead! I picked out some of my favorite Disney Instagram pictures and used an online generator to pull out the colors and then created the color palette picture myself.






It took me a while to figure out how to make these, and I'm sure it's not exactly how the color palettes work, but they were a lot of fun to make, that's for sure! I think that it's safe to say that there will be more color palettes in the future. Also, I figured I would share this. On the last one, of Spaceship Earth, the main color it supplied me with is the color featured on the plaque (although it's not actually on the palette itself), and the name of it is Matterhorn. Seems even color names are Disney-like! 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment