Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 675: The Force Awakens

What a big day today is!

Just this week we got the news that Star Wars Episode VII had finished principle photography, and that alone is a giant success. Here we are, a long, LONG time after the same sort of filming completed on Return of the Jedi, once again waiting for the next installment (yeah, I didn't include Episodes I-III simply because we're talking about Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill here). Just think about how different this is all going to be...and think about how amazing it's all going to be too.

But then, today, we get something more...a TITLE. That's right everyone, I'm sure I'm not the first to blog about this, and I certainly won't be the last, but as of November 6, 2014, we know that Star Wars Episode VII will be titled The Force Awakens.

Since being so included in the world of Once Upon A Time spoilers, I'm desperately trying to stay away from Star Wars spoilers, half because I want it all to be a surprise and half because I know that JJ Abrams prefers us to be surprised. It's a part of being a director or an actor or a writer...you want your audience to be kept on the edge of your seat, and I 100% understand that. Cliffhangers? Those are actually really fun to write. Not fun to read, but fun to write.

But that's not the only Star Wars that popped up in my day. You see a lot of awesome things on the internet, but a lot of times you never see the actual awesome Star Wars things in real life. I'm talking about the funny made up posters and signs and such. Today, however, I found a Star Wars reference right here on my own college campus.

I was meeting a friend at one of the buildings on campus to print off some Saxophone Quartet music and since it's getting chilly around here, instead of going all the way back to my dorm, I just went straight to the building after dinner, since I only had around an hour before our scheduled meeting time. Megan suggested I find a specific couch to sit on, partly to test it out and partly because it was probably a good little place to study while I waited. I took her up on the offer and not only found a super great area to read my British Literature, but also this:


I've seen this all over the internet, but simply the fact that I found in on a real door in a real place that I can actually take a wookiee with me...that's awesome. Megan also informed me that the entire office dressed as Han Solo for Halloween, so basically I love these people. No clue who they are, but I love them. Because, you know...Han Solo. 

I also just decided that I really want to watch Star Wars...so that's probably going to happen tomorrow if I have enough time. Yeah...it's gonna happen.

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment