Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 672: Minecraft

My brother loves his computer games, and perhaps the only one I truly understand is Minecraft. Alright, so I'm still not 100% on what you do with the game, other than the fact that it looks like a complicated computerized version of legos. That makes sense, right? Regardless, he's spent more hours on Minecraft that I've probably spent dreaming about Captain Hook (not only is that up for debate, but may have been the weirdest sentence I've even written. Dreaming of Captain Hook? When did that happen?)

Either way, it seems that Minecraft fans are also sometimes fans of Disney, hence the incredible Magic Kingdom server put together. I've included the walkthrough video just down below, but I highly suggest you go through and check out some of the other things they've recreated from the Disney parks.


By far, the thing that impressed me the most wasn't in this particular video, but rather in another on the channel, where they've put together Wishes via Minecraft. How awesome is that? Granted, you have to sort of use your imagination a little bit as you walk through the Magic Kingdom in block form, but it's all incredibly well done. I can't even imagine how long it took to creat the entire thing, but one thing's for sure: it looks really realistic. 

In addition, they added in the park music for each individual land, bringing the park to a whole new level of authenticity. I don't know about you, but I listen to Disney Parks music on loop, so it certainly ads something to have that stuck in there as you "walk" through Tomorrowland or past Big Thunder Mountain. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment