Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 654: Halloween Costumes?

Once and a great while, there's a blog post somewhere or a news article that I just can't not talk about, and this is most certainly one of those times. I happened to be going through my Facebook feed the other day, not at all intent on finding blog post topics, and I stumbled across not one, not even two, but THREE topics. It's great considering I'm behind once again and need to figure out how to fill the last few blog posts from earlier in the year, not to mention the last week.

This post, however, does indeed have to do with Once Upon A Time, and actually, it's more like two posts that inspired this one. First, ABC posted an article about "5 Easy Halloween Costumes from Once Upon A Time." Of course I clicked on it because really, why wouldn't I? It lists 5 different characters, including Snow White, Hook, Emma, Rumpelstiltskin, and Regina, but really, this article made me laugh, although we'll get to that in a second.

Then there was this article on Disney Style, "Emma Swan Just Became Your New Homecoming Inspiration," where they discuss the spectacular dress Emma wears on her date with Hook in Episode 4x04 (because yeah, although technically on October 16 it's not a thing yet, I'm writing it on the 19th and have already experienced the perfectness that was CaptainSwan Date Night.) They are right though, I would love to have Emma's dress if I had a homecoming dance to go to. I don't, but hey, that's alright because I do this weekly remember?

Yeah, that's exactly it. Why dress up as a Once character for one or two days a year when you can do it once a week!?!

I realized that I haven't blogged much about OUAT since the premiere and therefore haven't included the pictures from my most recent Disneybounds, including the double Disneybound that occurred on October 19 (in the future...ooooo).

I can't remember if I shared the Disneybound for episode 4x02: White Out, but we'll share it again anyway because gosh I just love Anna!


And then I played the bad guy for a week...Hans!


But when it came to CaptainSwan Date Night, I think I went a bit all-out. Katie, my next-door neighbor and friend as well as the person who inspired the OUAT Disneybound Challenge, once asked me if I could figure out how to do a CaptainSwan Disneybound, and therefore Disneybound as two characters at once. Well, this is as close as it's going to get, and I'm pretty happy about how they turned out! Officially, the Disneybound for 4x04: The Apprentice was Hook in his new outfit, one that I've been excited about since I found out about his costume change this summer. But when I saw Emma's dress and it's closeness to a dress I actually own (and bought for a previous Emma Disneybound), I couldn't resist throwing that in there too! 




See? I don't need to dress up as a OUAT Character for Halloween (Although I'll be reprising Elsa just as I did Hook last year!) because I literally get to do this every week. Honestly a lot of people probably think I'm crazy. I mean, there was a lot of outrage this last week about Emma dressing up for her date with Hook, but seriously? I dress up for a TV show. Why do I do it? Partly because I love a challenge, but I think the main reason is I just find it fun. My roommates and friends are always guessing about who I'll be next and finding outfits inspired by some of these characters is always an adventure. So yeah, maybe I'm a bit crazy, but I'm cool with that. 

Plus, I feel like stopping now would be awful. It's a thing, and I intend to keep it that way. 


Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment