Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 650: Getting Spookyish

Remember when I shared our new door decs not too long ago? Actually, in relation to the dates these blog posts occur on, it was just about a week ago. Need a refresher? I'm talking about these door decs:


Well you see, our door looked a little...empty with just these door decs on them, and I'd been meaning to put up the Halloween decorations for a couple weeks already. The ones that go in our front window that faces the courtyard of our dorm. But then Megan and I had a grand idea. We already sort of had a Monsters Inc. theme going on, so why not continue that? 

And so, Mike and Sully have since moved in. 


I'm not going to lie, I'm really happy with how these turned out. I was terrified making Sully because Mike is basically just a bunch of circles. That's super easy. But Sully I had to hand draw and then make the parts for, since his eyes and nose and head and eyebrows and so on and so forth are all individual pieces. In addition, I had to make it so it would look normal in our window. None of these things were particularly easy to do. But they turned out great, right?

And of course, we had to add something to the door itself, and "We Scare Because We Care" just seemed like the right thing to do. 

In other words, Room 309 is basically the best. 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 20).


No comments:

Post a Comment