Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 644: Before the Blog

This is another one of those times when I kind of lost track if I've actually already talked about this or not (and after looking back through my previous blog posts I sort of have...but not really 100%), but I'm going to talk about it anyway.

I started Everyday Disney over a year and a half ago. That's a long, long time. That's a lot of topics. That's a lot of Disney. But as difficult as it is for me to go back to June and try to think up topics for those days that I need to make up, it's odd to think back to all the things I could talk about from before the blog.

Disney has certainly been a part of my entire life. There's no doubt about that. There are entire photo albums just filled with pictures from our Disney trips, and honestly, I'm pretty sure there are more pictures from those trips than of me as a child anywhere else. It's just how my family works. Disney is the one thing we all share, and I love that.

However, there's a delicate line between what I can talk about in regards to when it happened. I mean, I had a whole list of blog post topics I could talk about this past spring, but since I'm now halfway through the next semester, it seems pointless to go back to Philosophy and my Fairy Tales course and talk about them, even if the post in question has a date of June or July, not October.

So where do I draw that line? Is it ok for me to talk about something Disney related that occurred three or four years ago, long before Everyday Disney became as important to my life as it is now? If I can't blog about something from four months ago, how then can I talk about something from four years ago? It's just sort of odd, because there's so much Disney out there that I haven't even hinted at, and I'm not sure if I'll ever hint at all of it. The world just expands to so much more than the films and parks and gosh you just don't know where it all begins and ends.

That's a lie...it all started with a man and a mouse...and it'll never end because we keep moving forward.

Maybe someday I'll find the time and energy to write about things that happened before I started the blog, but for now we'll just have to wait and see where things go. =)

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment