Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 628: Inspiring Locations

I've had this great idea stuck in my head for quite some time now. It's a book idea for the future, and while I'm sure I'm running a risk by blogging about this for anyone to read, I'll take my chances because chances are no one's any more capable of doing this than I am, considering the insane amount of money and sponsorship it would require.

Over on Oh My Disney there was recently an article about the real life locations that inspired Disney Films, with everything from the beautiful Machu Picchu, Peru, which inspired The Emperor's New Groove to Old Faithful Inn, the location that The Grand Fusel Lodge in Planes: Fire and Rescue is based on. The whole list is right HERE!

It's on my bucket list to take a trip down Route 66, quite similar to the trip those from Pixar took as inspiration for one of my favorite films, Cars. I love driving and I love history, so a trip like that sounds spectacular. But what if it was expanded? There are over 50 Animated Disney films, not including the Pixar films or others, and almost all of them were based on a real life location. So what if you were able to literally travel the world, visiting the exact locations that inspired Disney films? What if you had the chance to sit and watch those Disney films in those locations?

If not a great book topic, it's at least a great idea for an entire blog and a multi-year journey over the entire planet. I would honestly LOVE to do this...if I had the money to do such things, because diving even deeper into those stories is one of my favorite activities. I do it all the time with OUAT (and I look forward to the date hopefully in the future where I visit Steveston...the real life Storybrooke), looking into the original storylines from the fairy tales and how they impacted the culture they were created for in comparison to how we see them today. So going to the places that inspired those tales and films would be an extra step towards understanding what these things are really about.

Gosh I am such an English major.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment