Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 622: Added to the List

Netflix is probably the worst thing for me ever.

College is a lot of work, I'm not going to lie about that, but with my classes I just don't have a lot of homework. If anything, I spend most of my time practicing my instruments in between classes and ensembles. But by the time I return to my dorm room after my last class and dinner, there isn't much left for me to do. Study some French, read a bit of British Literature and maybe do some theory homework. Aside from that, most of my work lies elsewhere, but sometimes you just can't sit and edit video or, if you're like I've been the past two weeks, bogged down with writer's block.

So what in the world are you supposed to do? Honestly, I could do any number of things, and I really probably should be doing any number OF those things, but instead I sit down with my laptop or phone and bring up Netflix, because that just always seems like a good plan. Honestly, I always try to end my day with some Netflix, whether that be a part of a movie or an episode of a TV show, just to kind of wind myself down and as a reward for getting everything accomplished that I had to do that day.

But about a half hour ago I sat down and said "Alright, I'm going to go blog and work on catching up from the past few weeks." Ha! Netflix happened to be up from when I was watching OUAT earlier (because yes I watch it on Netflix even though I have the entire series on DVD...), and things just went downhill from there. I started adding new things to my list, whether I've seen them before and want to watch them again or if it was something I'd never seen before and want to experience.

As you can imagine, a good amount of Disney ended up on there, or at least things related to Disney. Since Robin Williams' passing I've really wanted to see "Good Morning Vietnam" again, and that's been on my list for a few days now, but then today I found Old Yeller and older seasons of Doctor Who and Honey I Shrunk the Kids and all kinds of stuff.

And now all I want to do is sit and watch TV until I can't anymore.

I really need to be more productive.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment