Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 617: Silent Star Wars

To be brutally honest, without music, movies would absolutely suck. And no, this isn't just the music major in me that says "Maybe you'll actually get to be good at composing music and can write music for a TV show or something." I'm saying, literally, that without music, films would be god awful.

Don't believe me? Watch this:



Ahh yes, the things you come across on Facebook and other social media. This one came up somehow and talked about how without the music, the end of the original Star Wars film is just a bunch of people smiling at each other, and IT'S SO TRUE. 

I watched this earlier tonight and all I wanted to do was make it stop. It's painful to watch...and this was just a couple minutes. Can you imagine a whole film? Gosh, that would be torture. Although Jupiter playing at the beginning really made me laugh because we just played that at a concert here at SNC.

So let's thank all the composers out there for a second, and thank the Lord for the music that backs the films. And for John Williams, because really, this makes a lot more sense:


Now I really, REALLY want to watch Star Wars.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 14).

No comments:

Post a Comment