Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 615: Spark

As you all should know quite well by this point, I am double majoring in English and Music Performance, and that means that I have my fair share of concerts throughout the year, starting with one only a few weeks into the semester. It's our family weekend concert and is paired with SNC Day, making it probably our second most popular concert throughout the year. It's a big deal. Of course, of the three wind groups, only two play, but yes, Wind Ensemble does, and that means that I was there and ready to go!

And if you've been reading since last year you'll also know that we sometimes play pieces that remind me of Disney. It doesn't happen all the time, but already this school year it's happened a few times, and I love that. It makes me excited for certain pieces, and it obviously makes them more fun to play.

This first concert was filled with great pieces, but my personal favorite was "Spark" by William Pits. It took me a while, but eventually I came up with what my mind was up to when it was like "DISNEY!" You can listen to the song itself here:



Any ideas? Honestly, my family all came up with different answers to what they were reminded of, but I finally figured out that I was thinking of Illuminations 25, specifically because of one particular chord progression. Either way, that's what it reminded me of, although just barely. Still, it was enough for me to listen to the two songs on repeat for some time until I determined if I was in my right mind or not. 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment