Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 612: InstaDisney

One of the things that I really love about the internet is the insane ability to share things with absolutely everyone within seconds. If you had something great for dinner, you probably took a picture of it, and now everyone else in your life can know that you ate something spectacular. If you're like me and watch a high-rated television show, social media and the internet is a great way to connect with the actors and those who create it (although some definitely abuse this power, sending hate instead of love, and that needs to stop). Plus you feel pretty darn great when your favorite actor and actress tweets you back or favorites your tweet. It's like the next best thing to meeting them in person.

But another great thing about social media is the simple ability to be a part of a larger community. I was looking through my instagram followers tonight and you probably wouldn't be surprised at the fact that I know only about a third of the people that follow me. Of course, through the magic of the internet I "know" a bunch more, and I have literal conversations with them from time to time about Disney or Once or something else. It's kind of refreshing actually, to be able to connect with people you most certainly wouldn't meet in real life and share some of the same passions.

Plus, it makes it pretty darn easy to freak out about Disney all the time with people who really, truly understand why I'm freaking out. It's not to say that my real life friend's don't understand, but it's just a different type of discussion. It's one of the reasons I love blogging so much, because I write my blog as if you all understand the random Disney stuff I understand.



And on Instagram I get to share all my Disney photography too. There's hashtags and photo challenges and giant communities of people that all love Disney, and honestly it's just sort of crazy for me to think that I have pictures with over 50 likes when just two years ago I would sometimes struggle for two. It's not even as much as having the likes as it is knowing that I'm sharing things with other people who all like the same stuff I do. It's awesome.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment