Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 595: Getting It Done

Work. Work. Work.

I feel like despite the fact that I don't have a job, all I've done this summer is work on stuff. I mean, on one hand that's great. I've been able to spend time doing things that I really want to be doing. Like experimenting with videos and learning new techniques there and writing and spending time with friends. Sure it doesn't leave me a lot of time for a real job, but it's been nice to sit and relax a little bit. I won't be able to do that for much longer.

Granted, I didn't get this blog very far this summer either, and trust me, that fact alone just KILLS me. I love writing, especially when it comes to my blog, but with so little internet it's just been hard to find the capability and time to get it all done.

Which leaves me with "Operation Last Week of Summer."

In reality I guess it's only really a few days because I know that the second I step foot back on campus I'll be ambushed by any number of friends I haven't seen more than the occasional Facebook conversation in like three months or so. That's a really long time, and while I'm very excited about seeing everyone, it does leave me with a bit of an issue.

I have four days (three really now) left at home and more work to get done than I can possibly imagine. Sure, like a month ago I calculated the amount of work I had to do paired with the amount of time I had to do it then too, and back then it was impossible, but now it's just a little more real. With so many projects I want to finish before the school year starts in a week...A WEEK...I'm a little lost as to how I'm going to get everything done.

But I do have some good news. Over the past few days I've made some extreme progress in my blog. No, I don't have a ton of posts written like I wish I did, but I have topics for over 30 of the 80 some missing days, and honestly, the topic is the hardest part. One of my friends is starting a blog of her own at the moment and told me that seriously, the everyday blogging thing has to be rough. I'll tell you a secret: IT IS.

There's a lot of time and effort that goes into a daily blog, and I'm not really sure how I manage to get it all done, but seriously, if I keep this thing updated daily it doesn't take all that long. More like just a couple of minutes a day. Sounds like a new challenge, doesn't it? Actually blog everyday for an entire month or something. Yeah, we'll see how things settle in once I get back to school. Maybe September.

For now I'll just continue to work all the time, from writing to filming to editing, you name it. Apparently I do it all. Not that I'd have it any other way.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment