Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 519: Questions

It's kind of difficult, to be honest, trying to make up over a month of blog posts while continuing to blog while also having very limited internet. Honestly, the only time I really get any work done on my blog is when I come back to St. Norbert and sit in the music lobby just so I can use the internet here. It's a million times faster than my internet at home (and that's when that internet actually works), so at least I can make some progress.

But with a busy schedule alongside that, it makes you wonder, what if I took an official break? There are some ups and downs to that idea, so let's go through the pros and cons, and I guess at the end of this particular post, I'll decide once and for all if I'm going on hiatus.

First off, I currently have 34 blog posts I could write, or should write rather, in order to catch up. A good portion of these actually have topics already placed with them, but at the same time, many of those topics are now a month old. Between finals and moving home and all the work I was doing, it just wasn't happening in those last few weeks of school, despite the fact that there's plenty of Disney to talk about. The issue here isn't WHAT to talk about, but rather the time it takes to talk about it. I've made up a week of blog posts in about five hours before, several times. Depending on the topic it can take more time, or less time. But that's only 7 posts. We're talking 34. That's about 24 hours of work, and since I can only work so much at home (because unfortunately all of my blog information is neatly organized on GoogleDocs and I don't really wish to download it all to my laptop), that's work I can only do, for the most part, here at SNC.

Plus, if I went on hiatus, I feel like I wouldn't know where to stop or start. Like, would I go through and mark a stop date and then a start date later in the summer? How would the Day numbers work? And how angry would I be at the end of the year when I don't have 730 blog posts? That's a HUGE question. And there's the fact that I really DO love blogging, and I would certainly miss my opportunity to talk about Disney on a daily basis. And, once you stop it's not all that easy to get back in the habit, trust me. There's also the small problem that is these sort of random posts in the middle. What do I do with those?

However, I do have other summer projects. I still have three vlogs to edit from my March trip to Walt Disney World, and in just a few short weeks I'll be returning with my high school band, meaning four new vlogs and a GIGANTIC Band Trip Video (It's going to be seriously awesome). And, very soon, (because I can finally make this announcement), I'm going to be doing weekly Disney vlogs on my YouTube channel, mostly as a kind of trial and error thing. If I happen to really enjoy it I'll continue into the next year hopefully, but if it doesn't work out then I won't (although I'll still always have my Disney trip Vlogs). On my Instagram I'll be doing Disney photo challenges almost all summer as well, meaning there isn't a lack of Disney there.

I guess, after all of this debate I HAVE come up with a decision.

Starting tomorrow, June 4th, 2014, I will go on Hiatus for a month, meaning I'll be back on the most wonderful Fourth of July. Over the next month, I'm going to go back and work on the posts from the missing month, therefore working up to the current number of 519 blog posts. I can't guarantee when each one will appear, but they will over time.

This is a super tough decision for me, and it IS possible that once I return I will make up the month of June as well. I do, after all, have a 24 hour bus ride to Florida that I could use to work on stuff (and a 24 hour bus ride back).

Either way, I will return for sure on July 4 with Day 520 (unless I do later decide that I am able to make up the month of June). Until then I wish you all magical days, safe travels and a very happy month of June. See you in July!


No comments:

Post a Comment