Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 460: Treasures

You may be wondering what I was doing in Chicago this weekend, aside from visiting my Godfather. Well the answer is pretty simple: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives.

Back in 2011 when I went to the D23 Expo, we did see the Treasures exhibit, but when we heard that it was coming to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, we instantly started talking about going to see it there. Or at least I did. After a long while we finally picked a weekend and were able to go.

Now, the exhibit is absolutely beautiful. If you follow me on Instagram you probably got spammed with my pictures of everything they had there, but I was just so excited. It's not every day you get to be surrounded by Disney when you're so far away from home, right? If you don't follow me on Instagram, here's a recap:







We had an interesting conversation after we left the museum, about if we could take one artifact from the exhibit what would it be. Like, any one thing that you could own. Answers varied in my family, but I finally came up with debating between The Original Cast Member Badge created for Walt Disney (seen below) or the Bird Cage Walt bought in New Orleans that went on to inspire the Tiki Room and Audio Animatronics in General. I also thought of the Mary Poppins props and stuff from The Haunted Mansion, but it's just so hard to pick one thing!

The Exhibit still runs through early May, so if you haven't seen it already and are in the area, GO SEE IT! It was absolutely wonderful and I am very thankful I got to travel to Chicago to visit and see it. I can't wait for D23 next year where I'll hopefully be able to see more, because really, I'm never going to see enough. 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on April 8 due to travel).


No comments:

Post a Comment